Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hello Again!


I am sure you have all been eagerly anticipating our latest blog post since it has been sometime since we have updated, say a year. As you can imagine life gets a bit busy around the inn. I always say that I will post in the winter but it comes and goes before I know it. So I am going to try my best to update at least once a month, we will see.

We had a wonderfully mild winter this year with only about 40 inches of snow. Spring came early with warm temps and early flowers. We actually went to Old Orchard beach the last Saturday in March when the temperature was 78 degrees, it was amazing. The boys had a great time and Colin was so "hot" he played in his underoos. He has become a true Mainer.

During the spring we had the wallpaper stripped from the front hallway and painted a beautiful light khaki color with linen trim. Thank you to North Atlantic Painting for doing a great job. We also put new carpet on the stairs. The whole hallway looks great if I do say so myself.

At the same time the hallway was being done we had the front porch re-done. What originally started as just putting new boards down on the floor turned into almost an entire rebuild of the porch. New foundation, new flooring and new columns. It came out great and I love the way the new wood floor looks and I like knowing that the new columns are not going to rot out like the old wood columns did. A big thank you to J & R Builders for the excellent work.

So we are plugging along with work around the inn. No more big projects for this year. Although, Kipp is building me a kitchen garden in the side yard which at this point will be put to use next season.

We look forward to showing off our latest renovations to you all. Hope to see you sometime this summer.

P.S. The picture above of the new front porch is courtesy of James P. Jones Photography RI. You will be seeing many more photos from James when we rebuild our website.

No comments: